The connection where we’re staying is r.e.a.l.l.y s.l.o.w. so loading pictures is really a painfully slow process. It took me at least 5 minutes just to upload these. So, I’m not going to try to upload the other ones I have – just think of these as an appetizer for now. Once we get a better connection, I’ll get some other ones on here and put all of them in our online album.
For now….these are pictures of our drive from Montrose to Grand Junction, Colo.
Here’s a snapshot of the last week:
– made it through the ice storm to Texas where we flew out to Colorado
– surprised my sister for her 40th (and it was a true surprise – she cried, awww)
– went to my nephew’s Christmas Band Concert to watch him play the clarinet
– picked the kids up at school several times and delivered goodies to their teachers (we’re never around while they’re in school so it was fun to be involved in that part of their lives)
– lived in a house with 1 dog (and 1 visiting during the day), 2 cats, 2 turtles, 1 fish, and a partridge in a pear tree (well, minus the last one).
– successfully pulled off my sister’s surprise party (poor thing, all she wanted to do was spend time with us and all we wanted/needed to do was plan her party)
– learned the waltz, the two-step, the t.a.n.g.o (we learned the steps by spelling it out – effective, I must say), and the polka at the party (the couple doing the music taught us ballroom dancing)
– stood in a boarding area of the airport for almost two hours with no bathrooms
– made it to Texas this afternoon and are now at Mark’s grandma’s house enjoying time with family and especially his parents, who are here from Brazil.
All in all it was a great week and we’re looking forward to the week ahead. I know that I promised pictures of the centerpieces and we have some great ones of our trip last week, so I’ll try to get on tomorrow and post those. It’s already after 11pm so I should probably not even get started tonight….
Yep, it’s snowing. Quite a bit actually. And it’s falling almost horizontally – not so good. It’s sticking to the grass, but nothing on the roads yet.
I’m sitting here in the Student Center waiting for my second reception of the day to begin. We had one this morning (so I was here at 8am to take my staff to breakfast — the caf is closed already — and then set-up for the 11am reception), broke it down, and reset for the one to start at 4pm.
So it’s 3:15 and I’m sitting in the building babysitting my centerpieces. I can’t leave or they will. Somebody stole one of my cylinders this morning and the lady from the bookstore caught a girl trying to put my string of cranberries from the buffet into her purse (!) She politely told her that we needed to reuse those for the afternoon reception. :o)
I’ll post pictures later. It’s all cranberries in water and white flowers. Looks sharp. And the punch: cranberry, of course.