Why did you wait so long to post?
Sorry for the delay, we did make it back safely. We were expecting really bad traffic but were pleasantly surprised to see fairly clear highways.
Highlights of the weekend:
- Seeing Ruthie (and her mom and dad, of course) for the first time in almost a year. What a cutie she is – always smiling.
- “The Rainforest Cafe” – One of Marcy and Mark’s friend from Brazil also went to Dallas for the weekend and her 3 year old daughter was so fun to watch. It was fun to see all her reactions to the noise and animals at the restaurant (sorry no pictures at the restaurant – it was really dark, so dark I could hardly read the menu…).
- Actually getting up one morning and exercising (!!). Made up for all the eating out, I guess.
- Brazilian food for lunch on Sunday.
- The Fort Worth Zoo – Zoos are fun anyway, but going with kids is so great.
For more fun pictures like this one, go here.
We’re off to Dallas for the long weekend. Mark’s sister, Marcy, and her family are going to be in Texas (they live in Florida) so we’re going down to see them. We’ll get to see our niece, Ruth, who is turning 1 in a little over a week. She was less than a month old when we saw her last, so we’re excited to see how much she has grown.
We saw on CNN this morning that there were floods and high rushing waters in some Dallas suburbs. Swim, little Pilot, swim… :o) It seems like we only plan trips around major weather formations. We’re hoping it’s a fun, but uneventful trip.
Not sure what we’ll be doing this weekend, but we’ll post pictures when we get back.
Wow, a week has gone by already. Sorry…guess we’re not very exciting. BUT, our summer is promising to be exciting or at least busy. Possible locations where at least one of us will be at some point this summer (how’s that for vague…can you tell things are still up in the air?)
I’m also planning an event in Vegas. I’m not going. Bummer.
We had a good weekend and got a ton accomplished. Among other things, the house and cars are clean, problem zones were reorganized and the yard is mowed. We were tired last night but feeling good about starting off the week with some major things done.