I’m afraid to even see when I posted last. Before Colorado? Probably. Summer got off to a busy start. Take our usual madness of living life (and still trying to sell the house), toss in some road trips and the world cup and well, blogging is something I’m thinking I should have done as I fall into bed at night.
I wish I could give a detailed account of everything that has happened but there’s just enough hours in anybody’s day for all of that so I was just going ot do a whole big picture dump to catch things up and then just move on from there… Apparently, easier said than done. I have pictures stuck on a camera and photo software that loves to say that it’s not responding and really, after a whole day of convincing two small humans to do things they don’t want to do, I just don’t have the fight left in me. So pictures stay where they are and they’ll get uploaded another day.
Here’s what we’ve been up to, in no particular order of importance:
- Still trying to sell the house. But I’m a pro now. I obsess way less about mopping than I used to.
- The kids and I drove out to Colorado by ourselves. We all did great. The kids managed to not drive me crazy and I managed to keep us all alive. Win-Win.
- We had lots of cousin fun in Colorado. It had been way too long since the little cousins had gotten together and they made up for lost time.
- We’ve enjoyed several little periods with my parents. They’re gone again now but will be back in two weeks again. The kids love seeing them so much. Unfortunately, Finn went from calling Mom “Ms. Grandma” to “the other Grandpa”. Having “Grandpa and Grandpa” around is so much fun.
- We took a little mini-trip to Branson with my parents and my Aunt Paula and Uncle Frank. Shopping, sightseeing, swimming and spinny rides. It was swell. It was confirmed to us that even though Finn seems to have very few fears – spiders being the main one – he does very much dislike rides, especially the ones that swing or go up and drop. There was a teacup ride so we asked him if he thought he wanted to do that one (after he cried through the ride just before it). This was his answer: “It not go up. It not go down. I fine.” And he was. Apparently spinning is ok. Feeling like you’re falling? Not so much. We even saw Lightning McQueen and Mater! See?…I have got to get those pictures uploaded. So good.
- Did I mention our house is for sale? You want to buy it?
- We went to our local art museum with my parents. They walked through the “serious” part of the museum while we played in the experience art area. So fun. The kids were busy the whole time and did not want to leave. We’re getting a children’s museum next year and I cannot wait.
- We made our summer list. Lots of fun stuff planned out for what will be our last summer before we enter to schol years. I totally cheated and put things on there we’ve already done. Helps me feel better about accomplishing stuff and I can do things like that in a house of non-reading children. Finn did want to do an easter egg hunt in the backyard. I convinced him to think of something else but now I’m feeling like I should go and put that one back on. Because, really…why not? Maybe we could turn it into an easter egg/ water balloon hunt. Hmm, now to convince Finn to not throw the eggs at people.
- We’ve flown kites, we’ve held bunnies (and have a bunny in our backyard – not as a pet but we pretend he is), we’ve played at the splash pad and we’ve had sno-cones with friends. It’s been a great start to summer and we’re looking forward to the rest of June and July.
Mark said he would help me with my technical difficulties, which is so sweet of him. It’s our 10 year anniversary this week and he’s still nice to me. What a guy. So, we’ll get to work on those and I’ll try to upload pictures to put with all the fun stuff I just caught you up on. For now though, the house is quiet so I’m going to go do some reading off of my own summer list.